- Local Dealer or Internet Company?
Headstone prices are usually less expensive if you buy from a local dealer as
opposed to an internet company. Additionally, when buying granite or bronze headstones, the customer is best served by face-to-face
For more information read this article: Headstone Prices.
When you are ready to purchase your
headstone go to a local dealer in your own neighborhood or the neighborhood of your chosen cemetery. This can save you money
because you won't have to pay the additional shipping cost.
buy a headstone through an Internet company or a local dealer? Things to consider:
- A single bronze headstone (24"x12") weighs about 35lbs. The cemetery will often supply
the base and include that price with their permit fee. You can ship directly to a cemetery as long as they agree to accept
- A small single flat granite headstone (24"x12"x4")
weighs over 185lbs. Shipping to another location is a bit pricey. If a company is advertising free shipping you have to ask
yourself, "Is there really anything free?" Someone has to pay if the headstone has to be shipped. For their convenience
and for extra profit they just add a flat shipping rate into their prices. This means you could be paying more for shipping
than you should.
- Don't be misled by offers of "free unlimited
lettering." Again someone has to pay for it. See our article Headstone Epitaphs for more information on lettering.
- Your local headstone dealer will have many display examples. You will be able to see (and feel)
the product and the quality of workmanship.
- A face-to-face meeting with
your local dealer is beneficial. In the headstone design phase you and your customer service rep can exchange ideas to determine
exactly what you want your loved one's headstone to look like. This face-to-face exchange of ideas makes the process of
the design, proof, stone carving, cemetery coordination, and placement at the site very smooth and clear.
- When you buy locally you are helping your local economy.
- It's best to deal with a company that does all their own work, including cemetery delivery and installation.
- Trust. Can you trust the company you are buying from? Going
with an established local company can do a lot to ease your mind.
you can decide whether to use an internet company or a local headstone dealer. When determining headstone prices you should
consider more than just carving and delivery. Coordinating the whole process from the time you speak to someone to the placement
of your special memorial at the cemetery is also important.
We are both
a local headstone dealer and an internet company. We prefer to do business face-to-face with our customers. We will not ship
granite headstones out of the South Jersey or Greater Philadelphia Area.
you are in the South Jersey or Greater Philadelphia Area and need help with a headstone feel free to contact us.